Preparations for the 2013 challenge are now well underway. Our route planner, James Bolton, has more or less finished the details and he will also be one of our volunteer van drivers and bike mechanics. I have started my diet and exercise regime. So far it’s been a mixture of weights and cardio in the gym as I have been waiting for an improvement in the weather before getting my bike out again. As for the fundraising well I have also started that and you can join in too. To incentivise donations, each donation made, up to and including 31st March 2013, will be entered into a draw to win an IPAD, kindly donated by one of our sponsors METRONET. For each £5 you donate you will get one free entry into the draw. E.g. if you donate £10 you will get 2 free entries and £15 you get 3 entries! Donations can be made at www.justgiving.com/djordo
Also for any City fans out there I am auctioning the attached banner, which was placed on the Town Hall for City’s victory parade last year. Bids can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. As of today the highest bid is £175. Again, all monies raised go to the Tower 2 Tower 2013 charities and the winning bidder will be expected to pay via Justgiving at www.justgiving.com/djordo
Manchester City Banner
We are also still looking for the following:
- Cyclists to join us from Blackpool to Manchester on 20th July
- Cyclists to join us from Blackpool to Paris (20th-27th July)
- Sponsors, to join METRONET!
- Partner charities to benefit from the challenge like Challenge 4 Change, JUMPSPACE and The Royal British Legion Poppy Factory.
- A volunteer van driver and bike mechanic to join us on the challenge.
- Garmins that we can use for the challenge.
- A van!
If you can help in any way please email email@example.com.